Smoke Detectors Work

News Staff's picture
A tragedy was averted this week when a husband and wife were awakened in the early morning hours and alerted by the incessant beeping of a ten dollar smoke detector to a raging fire in their home. An Essex Fells woman was not so lucky. She was found dead in her bedroom after firefighters extinguished a massive blaze there. Although there was no report of whether or not she had a smoke detector, the comparisons of the two incidents in one week is easy to make.
 
Rate this article: 
No votes yet