Post Office Fire

News Staff's picture
Article Image Alt Text

The roof of the United States Post Office on West Mt. Pleasant Avenue caught fire Tuesday evening, May 7. A new roof was being installed on the building, and a seam-sealing machine overheated and ignited the glue. There was minor damage to the roof, but none to the interior, and employees were able to resume work immediately. This photo was taken by Ethan Schwartz, 14, of West Orange, from a passing vehicle. Ethan Schwartz Photo

 

To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition http://www.etypeservices.com/West%20Essex%20TribuneID480/

Rate this article: 
No votes yet