Stove Fire Damages Kitchen

News Staff's picture
Stove Fire Damages Kitchen

A cook-top fire that homeowners had thought was extinguished instead spread stealthily into the range’s exhaust system, necessitating Fire Department involvement.

On Saturday, May 2, at approximately 1:45 p.m., firefighters received a report of a kitchen fire at 57 North Baums Court. Upon arrival, they found that all occupants had exited the home, and there was a heavy smoke condition.

Fire officials learned that there had been a fire, which the homeowner had extinguished with a portable fire extinguisher, involving a pan of oil on the stove cook top. The fire, however, had extended up into the range’s exhaust hood/vent. Firefighters witnessed flames in the exhaust vent above the ceiling and coming out of the vent at the rear of the house.

 

 

To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition http://www.etypeservices.com/West%20Essex%20TribuneID480/

 

Rate this article: 
No votes yet