Test Your Smoke Detectors

News Staff's picture

In this edition of the Tribune, you will read about a residential fire that originated in the HVAC system of a Vanderbilt Drive house. Nobody was home at the time of the fire and an alert was transmitted to the Livingston Fire Department, who arrived in time to extinguish the blaze before it spread and left the home uninhabitable.

Others, particularly those without a properly functioning fire alarm system, may not have been so lucky in a similar situation. It is why this incident is a good opportunity to remind residents of the importance of maintaining a functional fire alarm system. Also, if your alarm system has the ability to connect to a central fire station, one should ensure that it is done. That feature just stopped what ended up being a minor, contained, fire rather than one that could have potentially destroyed a home before a passerby noticed and help arrived.

 

 

To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition http://www.etypeservices.com/West%20Essex%20TribuneID480/

 

Rate this article: 
No votes yet